Backups to FTP no longer working

hi
i configured a backup task from windows 2012 to a ftp store. This task worked fine for about 1 year. Now it never finishes, It gets stuck at “Cannot open WMI provider \localhost\root\virtualization\v2. Hyper-V is probably not installed”
I have no idea how to fix this.

Hello, hope you don’t mind but I moved your post to a new topic. The warning you are seeing is normal if you don’t have Hyper-V installed. Your FTP issue almost certainly has nothing to do with it, so I thought your post deserved its own thread.

What does the main progress bar at the top of the Duplicati Web UI show when your backup appears to be “stuck”?

i was wondering what will happen when i install hyper-v anyway, so i did install it an rebooted the server, then the backup ran through with errors:"Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Found 1 remote files that are not recorded in local storage, please run repair
"
Now i startet repair and it seems stuck at 60 %.
the version is: Aktuell wird Duplicati - 2.0.5.1_beta_2020-01-18 verwendet

i have tons of questions:

• viewing live protocol: explicitonly shows a lot of items, verbose shows none. Changing protocollevel does not alter the result.
  • why are all operations of database-rebuild or sync so extremly slow?
  • Feature request: I would like to see live messages about whats going on when i hover over the progessbar.
  • When i try to stop the actual task i can choose between stop after acutal file, stop, cancel. But it seems, there is no difference between the first 2 options.

it says: waiting for upload to finish (Warten auf den Upload zum Beenden… )

You generally want to have the Live Log visible to see events in realtime. I recommend you open two browser tabs. First browser tab, go to the Duplicati UI and open the Live Log and set it to Verbose.

Then on the second tab, start your backup job.

Go back to the first tab and watch the Verbose log. Once it appears to hang at “Waiting for upload” let us know what the last several lines show.

Thanks

i dont see anything specific in the log. But now i installed another backup-program (LEO-Backup) and saw in the first run, that the transfer to the ftp gets occasionally interrupted. Found the error very fast, because i got informed in a log-window.

The Live Log in Duplicati will also display transfer failures, but I agree it can be hard to work with.