Backups not running/error out after update to 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28:


#1

It appears my backups don’t appear to be running after updating Duplicati. Under the ExplicitOnly section, it constantly shows the error below. Under “Verbose” it says the backup is running, but on the main menu bar, it just shows the name of my backup job and isn’t showing any progress as usual. Can anyone please point me in the right direction:
Dec 3, 2018 6:20 PM: Failed to load assembly C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.dll, error message: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.8.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
{“ClassName”:“System.IO.FileLoadException”,“Message”:"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.8.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3
5’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)",“Data”:null,“InnerException”:null,“HelpURL”:null,“StackTraceString”:" at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes)\r\n at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes()\r\n at Duplicati.Library.DynamicLoader.DynamicLoader`1.FindInterfaceImplementors(String additionalfolders)",“RemoteStackTraceString”:null,“RemoteStackIndex”:0,“ExceptionMethod”:“8\nGetExportedTypes\nmscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b**********9\nSystem.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly\nVoid GetExportedTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ObjectHandleOnStack)”,“HResult”:-2146234304,“Source”:“mscorlib”,“WatsonBuckets”:null,“FileLoad_FileName”:“Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.8.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3**************5”,“FileLoad_FusionLog”:“WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.\r\nTo enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.\r\nNote: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.\r\nTo turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].\r\n”}


#2

It’s also showing this error as well:
Dec 3, 2018 6:08 PM: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 1

Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Unexpected difference in fileset version 2: 10/20/2018 1:42:58 PM (database id: 2), found 42195 entries, but expected 42570 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.VerifyConsistency(Int64 blocksize, Int64 hashsize, Boolean verifyfilelists, IDbTransaction transaction) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackupDatabase.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<VerifyConsistencyAsync>b__0() at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<RunOnMain>b__0() at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<DoRunOnMain>d__21.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.&lt;RunAsync&gt;d__19.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass13_0.&lt;Backup&gt;b__0(BackupResults result) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]&amp; paths, IFilter&amp; filter, Action1 method) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String inputsources, IFilter filter) at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)


#3

Notice here how it’s just sitting without any progress:

I tried deleting the database for the jobs, but it says "Failed to delete: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\BackupUser\AppData\Local\Duplicati\LKOZPPCEMD.sqlite’ because it is being used by another process."Any help would be appreciated!


#4

I also have the issue of “Unexpected difference in fileset” after updating to 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28, and it’s occurring on two of the computers I manage (the only two where I accepted the update, but there are other similarities between these two that I could mention if that would be helpful). Both find fewer entries than expected. The Repair option works on neither, though the report says “Success”.

A potentially related issue is that when I tried to do Configuration–Edit I got an error along the lines of “Failed to enumerate SQL databases” but that seems to have resolved itself with my only actions being multiple attempts to use the Repair option and run the backup. (Since that error no longer is happening I can’t copy it – it was a popup rather than in log). This was on both computers.

I’d be happy to copy whatever verbose output would be helpful to diagnose, I just am not experienced enough to know in advance what might help y’all who actually know about these things.


#5

I ended up deleting the database manually after stopping the Duplicati service. It seems to be recreating the database again so this should take some time (it’s been 2 days) before it starts working again.