Backup Warning: Failed to process path:

I’m getting the following:

Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: K:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\XYZ.MDF

I’ve made sure the permissions are the same as the other 2TB of data that I’m successfully backing up, deleted ab rebuilt the duplicati database, ran as administrator and still, this .MDF and it’s related .LDF file is not getting in the backup. Can someone help explain why and the fix?

Thank you.

Did you enable the snapshot option? If not, Duplicati cannot back up open/locked files. With snapshots enabled it should be able to back up these files thanks to VSS, but note that they may only be in a crash-consistent state (as opposed to an application-consistent state).

What may be most reliable is to set up a database maintenance plan so that SQL backs up the databases itself to BAK files, and then use Duplicati to back up those BAK files.

Another option (maybe) is to use Duplicati’s native SQL backup support. But I hesitate suggesting it because I don’t have any experience with it myself, so I’m not sure how reliable it is.

I just recreated the database and will let you know how that goes - thank you.