Backup to Google Drive now failing

I had a backup to Google Drive working. It stopped working after I was trying to get the SMTP send mail advanced option working (I never did get it to work). But now I can’t get any backups to Google Drive to work. Using the test connection, I get a “GetResponse time out” error. I have tried recreating the AuthID, but I don’t know what else to try. Here is the log from last nights attempt to backup:

    Operation List with file  attempt 5 of 5 failed with message: GetResponse timed out
System.Net.WebException: GetResponse timed out ---> System.Net.WebException: Aborted.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x41480630 + 0x001a7> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest+AsyncWrapper.OnAsync (IAsyncResult r) <0x4147faf0 + 0x000eb> in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.List () <0x415e92b0 + 0x0016f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) <0x415e5f80 + 0x0015f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) <0x415e1e80 + 0x000cb> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String protectedfile) <0x415e1950 + 0x001af> in <filename unknown>:0

There have been a few other recemt reports of issues with Google Drive, but they seem to start working again on their own - has your backup “fixed itself”?

Noipe, still having this problem as of this morning.
As a test, I setup a backup to OneDrive which works so I think that probably rules out a certificate or SSL problem.
I also setup a new “test” backup to Google Drive which also fails. The problem seems isolated to Google Drive.

Thanks for doing that test!

I’m not seeing anything reported at GitHub yet but it’s sounding like perhaps Google has either made a change at their end or is having an issue of some sort.

Hopefully somebody more familiar with that side of the code and try some tests to narrow down where the issue is…

I’m getting this same error but it is inconsistent. Half of the time it fails after retrying 5 times. The other half it succeeds on the first try after a reboot, with no other changes (e.g. OAuth key). I do also have mine set to accept any SSL keys (havn’t been able to get mono SSL to work, but that’s another story).

If you can send me the public IP and the time your requests failed, I can look at the server log and see if there is a problem there.

kenkendk, PM’ed you my information.

I don’t see a way to PM (perhaps because I’m a new user). Are you asking for my public IP? Or google drive’s? Do you have access to Google Drive’s server logs, or which server logs are you referring to? A backup that you are running?

I was on the beta version (duplicati_2.0.2.1-1_all) but updated to canary (duplicati_2.0.2.13-1_all) and the error message has changed slightly from “System.Net.WebException: GetResponse timed out” timed out to “System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Network is unreachable)”. They are still “Operation List with file” errors.

I do have it set to retry the entire backup set once an hour to deal with this, plus slow 60s x 15 retries, and it has been successfully uploading most of the day other than these errors (where when it fails, it fails for all 15 retries)

The last errors I saw were on Dec 9, which were pretty regular but they have not happened in several days. I have plenty of files uploaded on that day, despite the errors, probably due to my settings. Here are timestamps for that day of the errors, Eastern time US:

Dec 9, 2017 5:57 PM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 4:52 PM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 3:47 PM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 2:41 PM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 1:36 PM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 12:31 PM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 11:25 AM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 10:20 AM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 9:15 AM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 8:09 AM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 7:04 AM: Retry
Dec 9, 2017 5:59 AM: Retry

These hourly log errors go back to the 7th, when I switched from beta to canary, but they had also been going on in the beta version for a long time.

If you click on a user’s icon you should get an info card that includes a “Message” button, which is this forum’s version of a Private Message.


No Message option here, I assume I’ll get it at some point.

EDIT: I now have Basic status and can message

Yes, your public IP.

Fortunately I do not have access to Google’s server logs!

I have access to the OAuth server ( and I would check the logs there to see if your requests are received and if any errors are logged there.