Backup size showing 640TB when total DISK is no bigger than 1TB

Hi all,

I’m using Duplicati 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28 on Ubutnu 16.04.

The progress bar is showing 640 Terabytes to go, which is insane considering that all the drives I have chosen to backup are no bigger than 1.4 TB

I was on the last version of duplicati and did not have this issue, but have only seen it and been fighting it ever since the update. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check on?

Could you create a bug report and send it to us?

Hi @mojodmonkey, welcome to the forum!

When you say you were on “the last version” do you mean the previous beta (2.0.3.3)?

If so, a parameter change may have caused any “default-filters” settings to stop working (they’re now an Exclusions option) in which case you may now be including some recursive folders.

Duplicati should figure this out, but there might be a bug with that code. After sending the bug report mikaelmello requested, consider checking your exclusion options before running again. :slight_smile:

Hi @mikaelmello

I’ll be glad to do that. I assume that I can [quote=“JonMikelV, post:3, topic:5585”]
When you say you were on “the last version” do you mean the previous beta (2.0.3.3)?

If so, a parameter change may have caused any “default-filters” settings to stop working (they’re now an Exclusions option) in which case you may now be including some recursive folders.
[/quote]

Yes, that was the version. After updating to the latest beta, I re-created my backup configs because I received a warning that the filters were outdated, of which I noticed there were no longer Linux specific filters to choose from (there were options for OS specific versions on the last beta). Last night I played more with the selection of backup folders and was able to find a few areas that may be causing the recursive folders (symlinks maybe?), but there are quite a few of them, so my exclusion list has doubled and I still see the issue as there are likely more areas with recursive symlinks. Regardless, I did not have to do that on the previous version and it worked like a charm. I’ve therefore opened Bug

Please let me know if there is anything else that can be provided in the bug report.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, at first I was asking for a bug report, the zip file that is created by going under the backup job and clicking on “Create bug report”.

Anyway, the issue is really welcome and well done, it helped me to better understand the problem