I’ve just ran into some problems (unknown issues) and want to write my experience down to not forget anything, before I can continue gathering more details.
- I’ve installed Duplicati 18.104.22.168_beta_2021-05-03-x64 on a new machine and started testing the first backup.
- The system is Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1052.
- I’ve two user accounts on the system. One admin user and a standard user.
- I did not set a password for securing access because both accounts are used by me (if this may be relevant).
- Duplicati is set to autostart.
- I try to backup a folder (~4GB, ~3000 files) from a local HDD to a USB3 drive (2TB, HDD).
- I used the GUI to set up a plan, quite straight forward with no pro options.
- Manual run, no user filters, just exclude options for system and temporary files and keep 4 backups.
- I started the plan also via GUI.
- The progress went through until it states 0 files remaining … speed # MB/s.
- It kept showing this for a long time (~30min) and the speed dropped very slowly.
- After that it switched to the state removing unneccessary files.
- It also kept showing this for about an hour after I lost my patience.
- Backup files are present on the USB3 drive.
- I tried to end the job after last file → Nothing.
- I tried to end it > Nothing.
- I looked at Windows task manager and found two Duplicati processes.
- One showed very high power consumption and used at least one logical processor with 100%.
- I selected quit from task icon and did a reboot.
- I remembered the message for multiple user environments and checked the other account (first time after installation).
- Duplicati was in autostart and showed the message for multiple environment again.
- I tried to check the backup and again noticed high cpu usage without anything going on (at least as I could tell).
- I tried to stop Duplicati again, no response until I did a reboot.
- Deactivated autostart and felt quite lost.
Am I doing something totally wrong?
What is it about the multiple user thing apart from security?
Could not find threads directly addressing my issues, I guess I have to read more.
Maybe I can get a hint to the right direction.
I try to add more details/logs if weekend has landed.
- AMD Ryzen 9
- 32GB RAM
- Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102
- WD Elements 2621 USB Device