Backup on iCloud

Good day!
i’m a very beginner user, and i’m actually using DUPLICATI in local, i’m wondering if is possible to create backup on my iCloud account, because i didn’t see this option on the menu,
thanks to all :slight_smile:

There is no official API for iCloud. Tho there is a promising python reverse engineered implementation of it its called pyicloud. Maybe it would be worth a shot?

Welcome to the forum @idoodler

This is a good way to get blindsided by changes. It’s happened to several reverse-engineered backends. Fortunately for Jottacloud (and I invite you to read the 245 posts on that) an expert author was available, compared to pyicloud where on Feb 17, 2022, version 1.0.0 was declared, with no commits ever since…

There’s a big issues list on a perceived-as-abandoned project. Duplicati has plenty of its own challenges, including removing enough bugs to get out of Beta. New features tend to add bugs rather than remove…

While some enteprising Python developer could probably try hooking into the current Rclone backend to see if they can get it to run a Python script to run pyicloud to see what it can do (basically a for-fun hack), ensuring reliable backups for a general user base doesn’t seem possible here, yet is a main project goal.

Rclone sometimes adds a way out, but not for this right now, and the above worry appears at their issue:

Add support for Apple iCloud #1778

If rclone ever decides that they can take that on successfully, then of course Duplicati can use that effort.