Backup job finished - or not?

how do I create the command? From GUI using “run backup command now”?

From that screen the output will be captured by the webserver. From the GUI, Configuration > Export > As Command Line. Then just copy, add the --verbose switch and run it from the installation path.

strange output:

Backup started at 27/12/2017 16:10:44
Invalid type Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Blob.BlobEncryptionPolicy for instance field Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Blob.BlobRequestOptions:<EncryptionPolicy>k__BackingField
Invalid type Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Queue.QueueEncryptionPolicy for instance field Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Queue.QueueRequestOptions:<EncryptionPolicy>k__BackingField
Invalid type Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Table.TableEncryptionPolicy for instance field Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Table.TableRequestOptions:<EncryptionPolicy>k__BackingField

Yeah, it is strange. Can you provide the actual command. Don’t forget to remote sensitive info like dest, passwords, etc.

mono "/usr/lib/duplicati/Duplicati.CommandLine.exe" backup "webdavs://webdav.pcloud.com:443/...&auth-password=..." "/media/.../" --backup-name="pCloud" --dbpath="/root/.config/Duplicati/...sqlite" --encryption-module="aes" --compression-module="zip" --dblock-size="50mb" --passphrase="..." --skip-files-larger-than="900MB" --send-mail-to="..." --send-mail-any-operation="true" --send-mail-body="%RESULT% Backup has been completed" --exclude-files-attributes="temporary,system,hidden" --disable-module="console-password-input" --exclude="/media/.../" --exclude="/media/.../" --exclude="*OneDrive*/" --verbose

Caused by --exclude="*OneDrive*/" ?

removed the path to OneDrive instead of using
--exclude="*OneDrive*/

Did not change anything.

Not sure if it’s related, but version 2.0.2.1_beta_2017-08-01 had an issue where “Finished!” was displayed before the job was actually finished. In fact, there were some expensive database operations that were still in progress.

See Database locked even when UI says Finished! · Issue #2803 · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub

Does not look like this. CPU and eth load is very low.

@JonMikelV, do you have an idea?
Thanks

Regarding the Azure EncryptionPolicy errors, not a clue.

For the “finished or not” issue, @warwickmm is correct that in 2.0.2.1 beta there was a database cleanup (I think) step that occurred AFTER the “Finished!” message was displayed.

The best way to tell what (if anything) is currently running and what’s queued up is probably to go to About → System Info then scroll down to “Server state properties”. In there you should see:

• activeTask is the ID of the currently running task (if any)
  • proposedSchedule is the “not yet in queue, but expected to be put in queue at …” list
  • schedulerQueueIds is the list of items CURRENTLY in the queue

My GUESS regarding the OP is that you were in the finished-but-not-really hole (which should have shown in the activeTask line) and when you tried to manually do things like run, verify, or compact they were being added to the queue (which should have shown on the schedulerQueueIds line).

Of course that’s assuming "Verify files" or "Compact now" are not available means you clicked on them and nothing seemed to happen…

This is absolutely bizarre. I have no idea why it would do this. I’m sorry, but I have no further input to your problem. One last thing I would suggest is to try creating a test job with a small set of data using the same settings and see if it still reports the problem.

This is what the server state properies report:

activeTask : {"Item1":2,"Item2":"6"}
proposedSchedule : [{"Item1":"6","Item2":"2017-12-31T00:00:00Z"}]
schedulerQueueIds : []

What are “Item1” and “Item2”? Are these backup jobs? Then “Item2” would be the one to pCloud, because it is scheduled to be done next on 2017-12-31. But, in that case, what is “Item1”?

That is what I meant.

I removed and installed Duplicati. But the backup job is still there and also the PWD for the GUI was already set.

I did a purge before the install.

Where does Duplicati store the configuration? How do I remove the configuration for backup jobs and PWD?

Have you tried the most recent canary build?

I’m not familiar with OMV myself but if it uses standard deb installs then that might apply to your install:

For specifics beyond that you’d have to check with somebody more familiar with the Linux side of things.

As for the jobs, I don’t know if an uninstall will delete the job files or not - again, it may be an OS specific “standard” of which in not aware.

As for the GUI password, could that have been cached/stored in your browser?

Note that @Watson’s question is valid, did you reinstall the same version or switch to a newer one than you had?

The way it looks now if you uninstall the DEB, it WILL delete the job configuration and the backup job indexes. I’m not sure about upgrades. So I’d be very careful. This is why I’m looking for splitting file locations. I’m waiting for Server needs --parameters-file argument · Issue #2928 · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub before I start the package fixes because it is key to only have to do the package refactoring once.

1 Like

I did a fresh install of the Canary Version. Same result.

Then I created a new backup job which finished with a warning:
remote file duplicati-20171230T143742Z.dlist.zip.aes is listed as Uploaded with size 0 but should be 148765, please verify the sha256 hash

I did then a “verify files” which ended with no errors or warnings, so I assume everything is fine.

Seems for some reason the previous job was messed up. No idea why and how.

Odd, but I’m glad you found a way to resolve it. :slight_smile:

Note that the “uploaded vs should be” file size errors are often related to a delay in how quickly the destination can report on just-uploaded files (or less often a failed upload).

If you get an error at the start of a job it’s likely a failed upload, but if it only happens at the end - and only for recently uploaded content - then it’s likely the destination delay.

Thanks for the explanation.

One more question: what is the meaning of this line?
activeTask : {"Item1":2,"Item2":"6"}

Oh, right - you asked about that and I forgot to answer.

I believe in your case “item1” is the ID of the currently running task, and “item2” is the ID of the next task that will run as soon as “item1” is done.

While not showing in your case, I think it can also be a set of an ID and a time that it’s scheduled to start.