Backup is blocked!

Hello,
For several days, the backup is blocked (see screen)
I can not stop the service even by doing

I can not stop the service. I tried
~$ sudo systemctl enable duplicati
sudo systemctl restart duplicati

Regards

Are you having issue with the first “Atout” (asset?) backup job? I’m wondering if the “&” in the 2nd job name might be causing issues…

Also, do you see anything interesting in the “Montret l’historique” (Show Log) area - either in the “Stocké” (Stored) or “Direct” (Live) blocks? (Note that in “Direct” the “Profiling” mode might be most useful).

HI
Thank you for the quick reply. I removed the “&” but it’s been several weeks that I use duplicati
Regards

Historical data in profiling mode

Sep 25, 2017 11:13: Server has started and is listed on 127.0.0.1, port 8300

I often have error messages…

25 sept. 2017 11:13: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 13
System.IO.IOException: The source folder .../Données/HD/ does not exist, aborting backup
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) <0x40d1b6f0 + 0x00fbf> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (Duplicati.Library.Main.T result, System.String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, System.Action`1 method) <0x40c543c0 + 0x00243> in <filename unknown>:0

The first message that I have for some time while it seems to me that I did not make modification

List

25 sept. 2017 11:13: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 13
25 sept. 2017 11:13: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 18
24 sept. 2017 11:00: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 12
24 sept. 2017 11:00: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 13
24 sept. 2017 11:00: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 17
24 sept. 2017 11:00: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 18
24 sept. 2017 11:00: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 9
18 sept. 2017 08:41: Error in updater
18 sept. 2017 08:41: Error in updater
17 sept. 2017 19:58: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 17
17 sept. 2017 19:58: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 18
17 sept. 2017 19:58: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 9
17 sept. 2017 19:58: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 12
17 sept. 2017 19:58: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 13
15 sept. 2017 09:02: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 13
13 sept. 2017 20:14: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 13
10 sept. 2017 23:17: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 9
10 sept. 2017 23:17: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 12
10 sept. 2017 23:17: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 13
10 sept. 2017 23:17: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 17
10 sept. 2017 23:17: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 18
7 sept. 2017 20:21: Request for http://localhost:8300/api/v1/backup/13/log?pagesize=100 gave error
7 sept. 2017 20:21: Reporting error gave error
6 sept. 2017 12:01: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 17
3 sept. 2017 10:31: Error in updater
3 sept. 2017 10:31: Error in updater
1 sept. 2017 14:23: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 9
1 sept. 2017 14:23: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 9
1 sept. 2017 14:23: Failed while executing "Repair" with id: 9
1 sept. 2017 14:21: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 9
1 sept. 2017 14:21: Failed while executing "Repair" with id: 9
1 sept. 2017 14:21: Failed while executing "Repair" with id: 9
1 sept. 2017 14:20: Failed while executing "Repair" with id: 9
1 sept. 2017 14:17: Failed while executing "Repair" with id: 9
1 sept. 2017 14:17: Failed while executing "Repair" with id: 9

If you click on one of the “Failed while executing…” error messages in your GUI is a detailed error message shown?

The “Error in updater” messages are making me wonder if you’re running into this issue (which basically boils down to mono having out of date SSL certificates which an install of ca-certificates-mono seems to resolve):

Out of curiosity, if you go to “System Info” on the “About” page, what MonoVersion do you see listed?

I edited your post to improve the formating. (Just added ~~~ before and after the output you pasted, see here for details).

Thanks for the reformatting tophee, with that in place I now see that HDcms already included the details I requested on one of the “Failed while executing…” errors.

The “source folder xxx does note exist” message seems pretty clear as to what the problem is so the question is why is it happening. If you have a moment can you answer any of these?

1. Did you explicitly add “…/Données/HD/” as a source folder or is it a subfolder of some higher-level included path?
  2. When you go to look at it does “…/Données/HD/” actually exist?
  3. Did you create the backup with the service version or the non-service version?
  4. Are you able to log in with the account under which the service is running and then check if the “…/Données/HD/” folder exists?

I haven’t tested this myself but what I’m wondering is if something like the following happened:

1. The “current user tray icon” version of Duplicati was used to create the backup job including specifically requesting the “…/Données/HD/” folder as a source
  2. Duplicati was shifted to run as a service, most likely with different permissions than the user during time of job creation had
  3. When running as the service it fails to get acces to (or even find) the specified source folder so aborts.

Oh, and if you don’t mind hiding any secure parts of the output, it might simplify some things to include an "Export…"of your backup job “As command-line” in a post here.

1 Like

Hello,

a) 2 oct. 2017 09:47: Failed while executing “Backup” with id: 9

System.IO.IOException: The source folder .../Données/AtoutX/ does not exist, aborting backup
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) <0x4148b810 + 0x00f8b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (Duplicati.Library.Main.T result, System.String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, System.Action`1 method) <0x413c8780 + 0x00243> in <filename unknown>:0 

b) The “Error in updater”
I’m locahost under chrome and not seen install certificate

c) mono
problem view view image

d)
Did you explicitly add “…/Données/HD/” as a source folder or is it a subfolder of some higher-level included path?
=> source folder

When you go to look at it does “…/Données/HD/” actually exist?

=> yes Did you create the backup with the service version or the non-service version?
=> problem view view image, I think

Are you able to log in with the account under which the service is running and then check if the “…/Données/HD/” folder exists?

=> yes

I haven’t tested this myself but what I’m wondering is if something like the following happened:

The “current user tray icon” version of Duplicati was used to create the backup job including specifically requesting the “…/Données/HD/” folder as a source
Duplicati was shifted to run as a service, most likely with different permissions than the user during time of job creation had
When running as the service it fails to get acces to (or even find) the specified source folder so aborts.

Oh, and if you don’t mind hiding any secure parts of the output, it might simplify some things to include an "Export…"of your backup job “As command-line” in a post here.
=>? I do not use a backup job “As command-line”
I have not reactivated the suggested line commands in a previous question. Because I do not master the system very well. I will stay on an automated backup while I have a session.

I’m sorry for my bad English
Regards
Hervé

Hervé, no need to apologize - your “bad English” is MUCH better than my “beaucoup mal francais”. :slight_smile: Please let me know if any of my answers need to be re-worded so are eaiser for you to translate.

a) See “e)” below for how I’m hoping to identify how .../Données/HD/ is reference in your configuration.

b) The “Error in updater” problem is often caused by out of date certificates in mono (the tool that lets .NET programs run on Linux) and usually does not relate to the browser (in this case Chrome) or URL (in this case localhost).

c) I see the problem with your image - it’s too “low” to show the mono version. Can you try highlighting the text on the web page then use copy / paste to put it in a response? Here’s an example of copy / paste from Chrome for my install:

System properties

APIVersion : 1
PasswordPlaceholder : **********
ServerVersion : 2.0.2.1
ServerVersionName : - 2.0.2.1_beta_2017-08-01
ServerVersionType : Beta
BaseVersionName : 2.0.2.1_beta_2017-08-01
DefaultUpdateChannel : Beta
DefaultUsageReportLevel : Information
ServerTime : 2017-10-02T11:10:19.5318543-05:00
OSType : Windows
DirectorySeparator : \
PathSeparator : ;
CaseSensitiveFilesystem : false
MonoVersion :

Note that I have no MonoVersion because it’s not needed on Windows.

d) thank-you for confirming the “…/Données/HD/” folder exists even under the service login

e) I understand you are not using the backup job “As command-line” (few people do), but exporting it as command-line allows you to copy and paste it here so that it’s easier for us to understand what settings you are using.

For example, here’s an “export as command line” of one of my test backups which makes it easy for somebody to see all the parameters I’m using. In this case I’ve replace all “private” data with different text between brackets (such as [myPassword]):

“J:\Duplicati\Duplicati.CommandLine.exe” backup “ssh://[mySSH]:[12345]//mnt/user/Duplicati?auth-username=[ME]&auth-password=[myPassword]&ssh-fingerprint=[myFinger]” “J:\Duplicati\” --thread-priority=“lowest” --skip-files-larger-than=“10MB” --backup-name=“Test SFTP” --dbpath=“J:\Duplicati\data\CMYDPURRBS.sqlite” --encryption-module= --compression-module=“zip” --dblock-size=“50mb” --no-encryption=“true” --throttle-upload=“512KB” --throttle-download=“512KB” --run-script-after=“C:_DuplicatiTest\BackupDuplicati.bat” --quota-size=“100MB” --exclude-files-attributes=“temporary,system” --disable-module=“console-password-input” --exclude=“[J:.\Duplicati\data\control_dir_v.\]”

HI,

c) MonoVersion : 4.2.1

d) Ah, I’m not sure I understand. It is true that all my data are on an external hard drive. I must, when I run the computer, “mount” the hard drive named “Données”. I did not find to mount it directly!

e) Ah, I’m not sure I understand.
For a moment I wanted to launch my backups at night.
So I followed the advice of the post:

So I may have created duplicates !!
Regards

Thank-you. I think that version may be old enough that it doesn’t have current certificates in it. It might be easier to download and use the installer for the version of Dulicati you want instead of trying to update your mono version. Installing a new version over an old one should not cause any problems.

Are you saying that the The source folder .../Données/HD/ does not exist errors are because of the drive not being mounted when the scheduled backup starts? Because that would make sense to me.

That post shows a good way to run Duplicati as a service so that it is able to start backups at any time (as long as the computer is on) so I doubt you have a dulicates problem. Usually, when Duplicati gets more than one backup scheduled at the same time the first one to start runs while the second one has to wait until the first one is finished, then it will run.

1 Like

Hello,

Mono
ok if there is no urgency, I can wait for the next version?

ok so most errors are not very serious. If a backup can not be launched, it will be launched later.
It’s just amazing that I got to a complete duplicati page lock in chrome !!. If I understand correctly, it may be that I had to duplicate several times (service, browser)
I will not restart the service for some time

Thank you for your support

BTW: A good way of showing your appreciation for a post is to like it: just press the :heart: button under the post.

If you asked the original question, you can also mark an answer as the accepted answer which solved your problem using the tick-box button you see under each reply.

All of this also helps the forum software distinguish interesting from less interesting posts when compiling summary emails.

You can quote any other post that you are referring to by selecting the text and pressing “quote”.

HI,
Ok I was not sure that the discussion was closed
I’m on the default maj channel. Is there a date for the next beta or RC?
Regards

Unfortunately not - as a volunteer project planning ahead for when time will be available to work on the code is tough. However serious issues are generally addressed first and once fixed a “Canary” version often follows pretty closely.

We’re working on identifying and prioritizing the currently open issues right now so we can aim for a more solid release rather than jumping from canary to canary, but we don’t have any specific time frames to announce yet.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Try a different backup tool