Backup failed on Ubuntu 20.04 after working fine

My Backup has been working perfectly since a clean install of Ubuntu 20.04 from 18.04 about 2 months ago. The other day I got this message when Backup failed, and it has repeated several times since. I don’t understand why or what I have to do to correct it. I am not Ubuntu savvy…

GPGError: GPG Failed, see log below:
===== Begin GnuPG log =====
gpg: AES256 encrypted data
gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
gpg: block_filter 0x00005652a195a280: read error (size=14707,a->size=14707)
gpg: block_filter 0x00005652a195af50: read error (size=11824,a->size=11824)
gpg: WARNING: message was not integrity protected
gpg: block_filter: pending bytes!
gpg: block_filter: pending bytes!
===== End GnuPG log =====

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Can you post the Duplicati log around the GPG errors? I’m curious what Duplicati was doing at the time. If it was after the backup completed and it was doing a random sample verification, maybe the file is corrupt?

Hi. If you tell me how to find it then I’ll post it!! Sorry to ask but I am not good with techie Ubuntu stuff!

Jane

Try running your backup job again, then go to About → Show Log → Live → and set the dropdown to Warning. Let us know what it shows there once you get the GPG errors.

Hi Rod,

Went into ‘About’ after another failure but it doesn’t have options for Show Log or Live, See screenshot below. Do I find this in a place other than by clicking on the Backups icon?

Screenshot from 2021-11-02 19-52-20.png

Oh, Deja Dup is a totally different backup application. This forum is for the backup application known as Duplicati.

Told you I was rubbish at this! Never mind. Back to the drawing board! Thanks anyway.

Jane

No problem… good luck!