Backup Duplicati as service

Hello, i successfully created a backup-job with the “normal” Duplicati Application.
I want to run the backup without a user is logged in and therefore i installed duplicati as a service.
I closed the “normal” Duplicati-App an then i started the duplicati-service.
But when i try to do a backup the job says:" Cannot access File, Process is already used by another process".
Has someone an idea what i’ve done wrong?

Thanks
Olli

Hi, what command did you use to install the service?
It would be a good thing that in the installation phase there is the possibility of installing or the service mode or the LOGGED user mode.

1 Like

… thanks, I will reinstall it with logging to get better information.

Olli

…reinstalled the service with activated logging and after repairing the DB everything seems ok now.
I was not aware, that there are two(?) independend logging-mechanisms in duplicati. As the name says the InstallUtil.InstallLog only has this information inside.

Neverthless thanks for pointing the (newer) logging feature out - it helped to find the problem.

2021-09-13 12:16:16 +02 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor-ExtraRemoteFiles]: Found 968 remote files that are not recorded in local storage, please run repair
2021-09-13 12:16:46 +02 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler-FatalError]: Fatal error
System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie bereits von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

btw: Do i have to switch the system language, to get everything in english?

1 Like