Backing up Outlook .pst with VSS and Snapshot Policy

Having trouble with elevating Duplicati to utilize vss within our org… (service install is not an option). When attempting to manually elevate Duplicati to backup an in use .pst file, I’m receiving the following (snapshot policy is set to ON)

[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler-SnapshotFailed]: Failed to create a snapshot: The system cannot find the file specified (Exception from HRESULT: 0x0070002)

Secondary question: Which .exe(s) exactly require elevation to successfully utilize snapshots? We’re ultimately trying to use a rights management client to inject the appropriate elevations into Duplicati.

You may be missing the VC++ redistributable. Try installing the latest version from here. You need to get the one that matches the bit level of the Duplicati you installed, not necessarily the OS bit level (although I hope they match).

Because this isn’t a service install (which doesn’t have to run as SYSTEM, if that’s the concern), it would be Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon.exe, but note that the Program Files version is a base version that launches the latest version that the autoupdater might have installed, and path location of updates varies (even has the version as the final folder name). I’m not familiar with rights management clients, but I thought I’d mention.

Downgrading / reverting to a lower version