B2 backup crashing

Trying to check out a backup to B2, and it crashes on me three days running now.
Error messages, from log:

Sep 8, 2017 8:19 PM: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 2
System.Exception: 500 - internal_error: Unexpected exception
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry (ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String path, FileAttributes attributes) <0x423ea760 + 0x01fff> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation (ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend) <0x423e9dc0 + 0x00647> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, IFilter filter) <0x423b6150 + 0x0182f> in <filename unknown>:0 

Sep 7, 2017 5:23 PM: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 2
System.Exception: 500 - internal_error: Connect to api001.backblazeb2.com:443 [api001.backblazeb2.com/162.244.62.198] failed: connect timed out
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry (ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String path, FileAttributes attributes) <0x423ea760 + 0x01fff> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation (ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend) <0x423e9dc0 + 0x00647> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, IFilter filter) <0x423b6150 + 0x0182f> in <filename unknown>:0 

Sep 6, 2017 5:59 AM: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 1
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (Duplicati.Library.Main.T result, System.String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, System.Action`1 method) <0x423ab590 + 0x00493> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup (System.String[] inputsources, IFilter filter) <0x423aa440 + 0x002eb> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue) <0x423a3000 + 0x01847> in <filename unknown>:0 

My main questions is, is this primarily a Duplicati issue or a B2 issue?

1 Like

I think there was a B2 server maintenance, maybe that explains this part.

That is a Duplicati problem, there is some file/folder that triggers a crash. I am not sure what the best way to debug it is, but maybe you can go to the “Log” area (from the menu to the right) and view the “Live” log with “Profiling” enabled.

That sounds like you have manually aborted the operation?

Thanks for these responses. I am currently running another backup to B2. It’s going now for four days (~430GB so that seems OK).

I will let you know if I get the Sep 8 type failure again.

Got the same failure again as Sep. 8.

Sep 13, 2017 11:08 PM: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 2
System.Exception: 500 - internal_error: Unexpected exception

Unfortunately I was sound asleep at the time, and another (local) backup started. Can you tell me where to find the “profiling” type logs around the failure?

This is a Linux install.

Unfortunately, these logs are quite large so they are not normally stored.
You can set the advanced options --log-level=profiling --log-file=/path/to/file and it will store the logs in that file (too late for that now…)

But I think this is perhaps related to this post:

It seems that the “500” error does not have anything to do with the files being processed, but the error is detected during the file processing, which causes a strange behaviour.