Amazon Cloud Drive - Web UI Hangs on 'Test connection'

I’ve decided to run some tests using Duplicati as a replacement for Crashplan and I just went through the setup wizard for a backup.

When doing the ‘Test connection’ step on Destinations to Amazon Drive however, I get nothing. The UI pops up a window with the text “Testing connection …” and that’s it. It just sits there.

I went through the AuthID set and I can see Duplicati in my Amazon Cloud Drive account in the list of authorized applications.

How do I go about debugging this? I can’t find any logs with any pertinent information (or any information for that matter, where are the logs stored on a linux system?).

Any advice on how to proceed?

Might be relevant: I use Amazon Cloud Drive in France.

PS: If Amazon doesn’t work, is Opendrive an option with Duplicati?

Though I don’t use it, Amazon cloud does work as I know other users mention it (though I don’t know about France).

As far as the specific issue you’re having, can you let us know what version of Duplicatei you are using ad well as what OS and browser?

The fact that you see Duplicati as an authorized app points to a potential local issue more than a problem with ACD.

Hi,

I’m using version: Duplicati - 2.0.2.1_beta_2017-08-01
Browser: Chrome Version 62.0.3202.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Does Duplicati store logfiles somewhere? Couldn’t find anything in /var/log nor in ~/.config/Duplicati

Edit:
Got an error:

Fatal error
Duplicati.Library.Interface.UserInformationException: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: GetResponse timed out. If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com?type=amzcd ---> System.Net.WebException: GetResponse timed out ---> System.Net.WebException: Aborted.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x41e23e30 + 0x0019f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest+AsyncWrapper.OnAsync (IAsyncResult r) <0x41e23330 + 0x000eb> in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest+AsyncWrapper.GetResponseOrStream () <0x41df0ae0 + 0x0010b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest.GetResponse () <0x41de9c90 + 0x0015f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.JSONWebHelper.GetResponse (Duplicati.Library.Utility.AsyncHttpRequest req, System.Object requestdata) <0x41f141a0 + 0x0040f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.List () <0x41f10710 + 0x0016f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) <0x41f0d090 + 0x0015f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) <0x41f09180 + 0x000cb> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String protectedfile) <0x41f08640 + 0x001af> in <filename unknown>:0

There are a number of log files as well as a few in the GUI itself. This post mentions where you can find them with Windows path examples, does that help you find them in Linux?

As far as your error (which I edited by adding ~ tildas before and after), it seems to be saying your authentication for ACD is incorrect so you might need to edit you backup job and redo step 2 (Destination).

I has already tried that, doesn’t help, also, it takes a while before the error pops up, if it were an auth failure i’d expect it to fail immediately.

I created a new Amazon Drive Cloud account in the US, created a new backup set, did the AuthID bit (Duplicati shows up in the account), clicked Test connection and…

Failed to connect: Failed to authorize using the OAuth service: GetResponse timed out. If the problem persists, try generating a new authid token from: Duplicati OAuth Handler

It sounds like there is some connection issue between your machine and the OAuth server. I assume you can open https://duplicati-oauth-handler.appspot.com in a browser from the same machine.

There is this issue, which indicates that sometimes the connections fail, but I am not sure it is related to your issue, as you get no reply (timeout):