After update and fingerprint issue: backups gone

Getting in Canary at all was probably not what you wanted, and you should also try solving that.
Agreed. I just need to find a way to do so.

Unless, of course, you prefer the latest and greatest-except-for-possible-accidental-regressions.

I installed duplicati-latest using yay, and ended up with canari due to the merging request you pointed out. It was not my intention. I prefer stable releases.

Do you know what you were running before? Did you switch your OS?
Yes. I switched from Manjaro to EOS (both Arch based). EOS has no graphical software package manager. That is the only major difference I noticed up to today. I once followed this guide to install duplicati on manjaro, but I can’t tell when this was.

how many /opt/duplicati* do you have now?

in /opt, there is only one dupli*: It’s the duplicati-latest. Find the changelog below.
changelog.zip (19.7 KB)

which probably means the file gets overwritten unless Arch tools leads you through solution. I don’t know. Do you?
No, sorry. It’s not only the versioning and the installation that is confused at this end… :wink:

So no other cases where Firefox pops up, for a clue?

Firefox does not open up undesirably at any times, but it is mentioned here:

[root@WorkstationII duplicati-latest]# cat /usr/bin/xdg-open |grep firefox
            BROWSER=x-www-browser:firefox:iceweasel:seamonkey:mozilla:epiphany:konqueror:chromium:chromium-browser:google-chrome:$BROWSER
[root@WorkstationII duplicati-latest]# 

why not just look at your GUI?
localhost:8200 is constantly open in my browser. I check it after every change. No jobs have been popping up so far.