Add (or allow) email priorties

I think it would be nice to have the option to enable (or disable a default enabling of) priority levels on emails.

I’m picturing emais from runs with:

• no warnings / errors would be low priority
  • warnings would be normal priority
  • errors would be high priority

Not only could this help people visually sort through multiple notification emails (especially if handling multiple Duplciati installs) but it could be used with automated mail filters. For example, if a message subject starts with “Duplicati backup report for” and the priority is Low, file it away in my “Backups History” folder.

1 Like

@JonMikelV, is that something you can use dupReport for? Version 2.1 (currently in beta) highlights errors and warnings in colors to make them stand out more in the summary report. I could also look into adding an option to produce the report only for success, warnings, or error levels. It won’t address the email filtering issue, but it might make the current email load you’re getting more manageable. Let me know if you’re interested in pursuing this.

You can change the way duplicti sends emails.

Add or change the email option
–send-mail-subject=Duplicati %OPERATIONNAME% (%PARSEDRESULT%) report for %backup-name%

Duplicati then will send the email with subject something like “Duplicati Backup (Success) report for” you can then filter this. The options are Success Error Warn and I think Failed.

I use dupReport myself. I just have it setup to check email daily and report back any warnings / errors it finds. right away. Once a week I get the full report on my backups. So if no problems I only see the one email

2 Likes