Access Duplicati web interface from another PC

Hi, been using Duplicati for about a year now and have been loving it. Used it mostly in “tray icon” mode but just installed it as a windows service

I saw in another thread or article how to set it up to access it from another PC but I can’t find it anywhere now and searching the forums I am coming up blank. I think it was a command line to run to open it up to listen to all networking cards and then warned that this should not be opened to the internet. :slight_smile:
Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks!

T

1 Like

OK, it wasn’t in the forums, it was in the Articles!

However, I am on a Windows 2012R2 server and, although the service starts fine and the web interface works perfectly from the server, I am unable to access from my PC on the same subnet. (No firewall or vlan in between).

I stopped the service in Services and added the --webservice-interface=any to the Start Paramaters on the properties on the service but no luck. I’m doing something wrong. Can someone, once again, point me in the right direction? :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Tony

OK, I think I figured it out. It was a windows Firewall issue. I dropped the Windows Firewall on the server and could connect. I tried to allow the duplicati.windowsservice.exe thru the firewall then turned the firewall on again and no luck.

What do I need to allow thru the firewall to make this happen? :slight_smile:
Thanks!

T

Duplicati.WindowsService.exe registers Duplicati.Server.exe as a service, so you need to allow traffic from/to Duplicati.Server.exe in Windows Firewall, or allow the TCP port Duplicati is listening on (default TCP port 8200).

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I thought I was on the right track, just allowed the wrong service thru the firewall. Thank you so much for your help!

T