A question about tasks

Hello to all users.
I’m curious if there is a way to run a backup job after another one has finished?
I’ve been using Duplicati for a while now. I’m still learning it.
Each task has a start time. Is there a way to start a task after another task has finished?
I’ll explain with an example to clarify my question.

I currently have 3 tasks.
The first task runs at 01:00 - depending on changes in data volume, it runs from 10 to 50 minutes.
The second task runs at 02:00 - depending on changes in data volume, it runs from 5 to 20 minutes.
The third task runs at 02:30 depending on the changes in the data volume it runs from 30 to 90 minutes.

Can the second task somehow be started after the first task has finished? The same question applies to the third task after the second is finished?
With minimal changes in data volume, all tasks are completed in about 45 minutes. But since the tasks are timed, in reality at least 2 hours pass. There is free time between tasks.
Is there a way to start a task after another task has finished?

You can assign one task to run while other is still running, eg: first task runs 1:00, second 1:10, third 1:20. Duplicati doesn’t allow tasks to run concurrently, so second and third task are delayed while first is still running (and, consequently, delayed tasks runs just after finished ones).

1 Like