2.0.3.7 canary no support for Google Nearline anymore?

Hi,
I have so far been using Duplicati for backups to Google nearline. But just with the latest update it stopped working with the error: Backend not supported: gcs

Any ideas? Was the support dropped? Then it would be nice to name it clearling in the changelog.
Any help appreciated.

With kind regards,
Ralf

0 Likes

Not sure what happened, but it was not intentional to remove gcs, but I can see that it is missing on my machine as well. It should be in the Duplicati.Library.Backend.GoogleServices.dll library, but it is not loaded for some reason.

0 Likes

Ok, found and fixed the problem:

0 Likes

Wonderful!!. Do you think there will be a new update soon (1-2 weeks)? Otherwise I would need to roll back to the previous version. Any recommendations how to do this?
Thanks alot.
/Ralf

0 Likes

If you directly installed 2.0.3.7 through an installer, then that is now your “base version” which is as far back as you can downgrade without “over-installing” from an older installer. You can check your base version by looking at the BaseVersionName line on the main “About” -> “System info” page.

If you updated to 2.0.3.7 using the GUI updater, then you should be able to downgrade using the steps described here:

1 Like

Yes, I think I will send out a new update this week.

0 Likes