2.0.3.3 issues on windows 10 upgrade

Thanks for building this, I love it.

The update failed for me, I didn’t dig deeply into why, but I did uninstall and reinstall.

After re-install it’s running again, but I can’t seem to save the smart retention settings. When I save and go back, the setting is always whatever “other” setting it was before. I’m not sure if it’s a UI issue or the setting is not saving when I choose that option.

Here’s the command line failure before I uninstalled/re-installed, if you want more data I can supply that.

PS C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2> .\Duplicati.Server.exe
A serious error occurred in Duplicati: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CoCoL, Version=1.5.0.24305, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0983de3c914beeaa' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'CoCoL, Version=1.5.0.24305, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0983de3c914beeaa'
   at Duplicati.Library.UsageReporter.Reporter.Initialize()
   at Duplicati.Library.UsageReporter.Reporter.SetReportLevel(Nullable`1 maxreportlevel, Boolean disable)
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.StartOrStopUsageReporter()
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.RealMain(String[] _args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Crash!
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CoCoL, Version=1.5.0.24305, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0983de3c914beeaa' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at Duplicati.Library.UsageReporter.Reporter.ShutDown()
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.RealMain(String[] _args)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.RunMethod(MethodInfo method, String[] args)

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CoCoL, Version=1.5.0.24305, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0983de3c914beeaa' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.RunMethod(MethodInfo method, String[] args)
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<RunFromMostRecentSpawn>b__0()
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.WrapWithUpdater(AutoUpdateStrategy defaultstrategy, Action wrappedFunction)
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.RunFromMostRecentSpawn(MethodInfo method, String[] cmdargs, AutoUpdateStrategy defaultstrategy)
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.Main(String[] args)

Same happened to me too, fixed it by setting “Keep all backups” first, which strangely keeps saved, and then choosing smart backup retention (or whatever you want) while in an incognito window. Looks like a cache/cookies problem.

I’m curious if you and @jesjimher recall from what version of Duplicati you updated. I suspect there’s a specific version (or versions) from which updating to 2.0.3.3 results in this particular issue.

Oh - and please let us know if the “Keep all backups” suggestion solves the issue for you! :slight_smile:

BTW - I edited your post by adding “~~~” before and after the command line and error messages to make them stand out more and be a bit easier to read.