😟 Help to build Windows MSI

Hello, I was wondering if I could get a little help to build my own installer for Windows. I want to include extra instructions for a school (multiple install) in the installer, though i’ll figure that bit out later.

I’ve downloaded the master and gone to /installer/Windows and run build-msi.bat (run as admin), but I’m not sure it does anything as it runs and quits within a couple of seconds, so at the moment i’m unable to build.

Alternatively, is there a way of installing it (with settings for a backup of C:\Users) across a (windows) network (or even individually)? I would assume this would mean changes in the code for a pre-set schedule before compiling for MSI?

Due to the way Duplicati is packaged for multiple operating system, it starts by building a duplicati.zip file. This zip file is then used to build each of the different installers.

Depending on how many features you want (signing, auto-updates, etc), you need to do various things to build the duplicati.zip. The basic version is just building a release version and then copy the folder Duplicati/Server/webroot to Duplicati/GUI/Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon/bin/Release/webroot, and making a zip of Duplicati/GUI/Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon/bin/Release.

This document describes how to do other things: Branding and OEM customization · duplicati/duplicati Wiki · GitHub

If you want to use the official version of Duplicati (i.e. my version) and only do things during the installation, the easiest way is to grab the recent zip from here: Duplicati

Once you have the zip, you can run something like this to get installers:

build-msi.bat duplicati.zip