Windows 2.0.4.23 download server failure

I have been unable to download the Windows 2.0.4.23 installer for the past few days. I receive a “Failed - Server problem” error message shortly after the download begins. Thanks in advance.

Seeing that error in Chrome. Firefox gives a better message which is this while attempting to download
https://updates.duplicati.com/beta/duplicati-2.0.4.23_beta_2019-07-14-x64.msi

Interestingly, a command line Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.exe check is not giving any errors…

As a workaround while (I hope) @kenkendk can get the update server healthier, you can download at:

and looking for what you want. Direct link to 2.0.4.23 downloads is v2.0.4.23-2.0.4.23_beta_2019-07-14.

I’m getting the 502 bad gateway errors today, is this still an issue?

root@bigtuckey ###~/tmp> curl -LO https://updates.duplicati.com/beta/duplicati_2.0.4.23-1_all.deb
% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                              Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
2 7013k    2  180k    0     0  20355      0  0:05:52  0:00:09  0:05:43     0
curl: (92) HTTP/2 stream 1 was not closed cleanly: INTERNAL_ERROR (err 2)

Seemingly whatever sometimes goes wrong has gone wrong again. I will check with administrator.
There were some other sorts of server issues recently, but I’m not sure if this failure was expected.
The name could not be resolved is because alternate server isn’t there (has been suggested).

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2>Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.exe check
Error detected: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.CheckForUpdate(ReleaseType channel)
Error detected: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'alt.updates.duplicati.com'
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.CheckForUpdate(ReleaseType channel)
No updates found

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2>

I have restarted the service and changed the configuration slightly, hoping that it will run more stable now.

1 Like

Thanks @kenkendk, all seems to be working well now. :slight_smile: