Warning: Path Processing Failed

I’m getting this after running a backup: 291 times for the same drive. Help!

[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed

Welcome to the forum @peterd100

Is it the main OS drive (if so, what OS), or external, or something else? Do you have permission to it all?
You can get a view of warnings in About → Show log → Live → Warning. You might need to click lines.

It is not the OS drive, it is a storage drive on server 2012. I found that there were some files compressed on a mac that were causing issues. I extracted them to different folders but I am still getting 214 warnings. If I rename them it still is giving warnings about files that don’t exist.

You can switch from the live log to a log file at verbose level, which will show you more per-file history, e.g.

2020-07-23 09:20:30 -04 - [Verbose-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-IncludingPath]: Including path as no filters matched: C:\PortableApps\Notepad++Portable\App\Notepad++\backup\webpages.txt@2020-07-23_074322
2020-07-23 09:20:30 -04 - [Verbose-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FilePreFilterProcess.FileEntry-CheckFileForChanges]: Checking file for changes C:\PortableApps\Notepad++Portable\App\Notepad++\backup\webpages.txt@2020-07-23_074322, new: False, timestamp changed: True, size changed: True, metadatachanged: True, 7/23/2020 1:13:20 PM vs 7/23/2020 12:12:25 PM

log-file=path and log-file-log-level=verbose then look for missing files in log to see if they were seen earlier.

Meaning that’s the OS, and it’s a local drive (as opposed to SMB access to a remote drive on the server)?
You won’t know until you see logs, but that’s odd if files exist according to a directory, but don’t for reading.

Having said that, a couple of days ago, Windows (with VSS, which might matter) saw my files then didn’t:

2020-07-21 13:20:51 -04 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\vs1wkpb7.default-release\sessionstore-backups\recovery.jsonlz4
System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.Stream.<>c.<BeginReadInternal>b__39_0(Object <p0>)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.IO.Stream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   at Duplicati.Library.Utility.Utility.<ForceStreamReadAsync>d__28.MoveNext()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.StreamBlockSplitter.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.StreamBlock.<ProcessStream>d__5.MoveNext()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()