VSS - Canary 2.0.9.x

I don’t know if that was intentional or not. This was mentioned here and in my linked post.

How so? What was the problem without stop? One guess is that the old way installed the update into a different newly created folder, so didn’t try to overwrite something now being run (may fail).

Again, a description of the reason would help.

A translation of Falscher is Wrong, but I wonder if Incorrect is the computer word, for example:

snapshot-policy USN plus attribute exclude may exclude all selected files

which was filed on 2.0.7.1, but I’m not sure what the below was tested on. It looks like yours…

2024-05-14 19:01:57 +02 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: C:\
System.IO.IOException: Incorrect Parameter. : '\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy19\'
   at System.IO.File.GetAttributes(String path)
   at Duplicati.Library.Common.IO.SystemIOWindows.GetFileAttributes(String path) in Duplicati\Library\Common\IO\SystemIOWindows.cs:line 328
   at Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.WindowsSnapshot.GetAttributes(String localPath) in Duplicati\Library\Snapshots\WindowsSnapshot.cs:line 223
   at Duplicati.Library.Utility.Utility.EnumerateFileSystemEntries(String rootpath, EnumerationFilterDelegate callback, FileSystemInteraction folderList, FileSystemInteraction fileList, ExtractFileAttributes attributeReader, ReportAccessError errorCallback)+MoveNext() in Duplicati\Library\Utility\Utility.cs:line 390

Can you run with About → Show log → Live → Warning, and expand the warning to compare?