Upload speed very slow, CPU near idle both ends, any ideas?

Not necessarily. The updates that have been put out since 2.0.2.1 beta have been in the canary “path” so if your settings are for the beta “path” there are no updates yet.

Slower performance for SMB shares on local area networks that can transfer v.fast transfers.

Same issue here w/ beta. Very slow (3MB/s) uploads using a \server\path as a destination. I’d expect 15MB/s or more as I get that with file copies.

Keep in mind that Duplicati is doing a bunch of file processing & sqlite commands and potentially chopping, hashing, compression, & temp file creation before any actual file transfer takes place.

To compare Duplicati’s speed to a normal file copy you’d have to dig through the logs so you could subtract any time spend doing stuff that’s NOT the actual file copy.

You could get closer to what Duplicati does by writing batch file that compresses what you want copied into a temp file, copies that temp file to the destination, then deletes the temp file - though it still wouldn’t simulate time spent on SQL lookups or hashing…

I understand. I only referenced 15 MB/s as that’s realistically the network bottleneck. I figured I would see better than 3MB/s, esp. given very low CPU usage. Are there any benchmark numbers I can sanity check against? I’d like to make sure I’m getting what I can from tuning, etc.

Got it. Knowing the top end of your scale is often a good thing. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, three are no official “expect this speed” numbers I’m aware of, but I think there are a few posts individuals have made about their own numbers…

When using a file:// destination, Duplicati is essentially doing a filesystem copy, so you should be able to compare it with the speed you get from a command like:

copy source.bin \\server\path

If you get slower numbers, try settings --disable-streaming-transfers as I suggested above, as that bypasses the speed monitor and throttle code, meaning that all transfer should be done outside Duplicati (i.e. handled by the OS, just like copy does).