UNIQUE constraint failed with SIA (Support Request) [2.0.3.6]

Hello,

I’m now seeing the following error when I try to run my system backup. This started after installing version 2.0.3.6_canary_2018-04-23. I’ve tried deleting and recreating the database, but it has not helped. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!log.zip (9.7 KB)

Edit:
Here’s the contents of log.zip. :slight_smile:

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: constraint failed UNIQUE constraint failed: FilesetEntry.FilesetID, FilesetEntry.FileID ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: constraint failed UNIQUE constraint failed: FilesetEntry.FilesetID, FilesetEntry.FileID
 at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
 at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
 at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
 at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
 at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
 at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalBackupDatabase.AddUnmodifiedFile(Int64 fileid, DateTime lastmodified, IDbTransaction transaction)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<RunOnMain>b__0()
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass5_0`1.<<DoRunOnMain>b__1>d.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
 at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FilePreFilterProcess.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
 at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.<RunTask>d__10`1.MoveNext()

at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunMainOperation>d__11.MoveNext()

at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__18.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter)
 at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: constraint failed UNIQUE constraint failed: FilesetEntry.FilesetID, FilesetEntry.FileID ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: constraint failed UNIQUE constraint failed: FilesetEntry.FilesetID, FilesetEntry.FileID
 at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalBackupDatabase.AddUnmodifiedFile(Int64 fileid, DateTime lastmodified, IDbTransaction transaction)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<RunOnMain>b__0()
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass5_0`1.<<DoRunOnMain>b__1>d.MoveNext()

at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FilePreFilterProcess.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()

at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunMainOperation>d__11.MoveNext()

at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__18.MoveNext() ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed UNIQUE constraint failed: FilesetEntry.FilesetID, FilesetEntry.FileID

at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__18.MoveNext()<--- ---> (Inner Exception #1) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
 at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.get_CurrentScope()
 at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.WriteMessage(LogMessageType type, String tag, String id, Exception ex, String message, Object[] arguments)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c.<Run>b__1_3(String rootpath, String path, Exception ex)
 at Duplicati.Library.Utility.Utility.<EnumerateFileSystemEntries>d__23.MoveNext()
 at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__17`2.MoveNext()
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()

--- End of inner exception stack trace --- ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
 at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.WriteMessage(LogMessageType type, String tag, String id, Exception ex, String message, Object[] arguments)
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c.<Run>b__1_3(String rootpath, String path, Exception ex)
 at Duplicati.Library.Utility.Utility.<EnumerateFileSystemEntries>d__23.MoveNext()
 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()

at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.<RunTask>d__10`1.MoveNext()<--- <--- <--- 

Hello @backupti, welcome to the forum!

I haven’t seen that particular error before so I’m going to try an pull in @Pectojin who has a bit more insight into the database side of things.

(Oh, and I edited your post to include the raw txt of your log.zip file to make it easier for people searching for similar issues to find.)

Thanks for the reply, i was trying to keep the post de-cluttered. Please let me know if you find anything or have recommendations on how to recover :frowning:

Hey team, I was able to downgrade Duplicati, (including manually removing the latest version from C:\ProgramData\Duplicati\updates which is not removed by the uninstaller!). Deleted and recreated the database, and the backup is working again.

Glad to hear you got it working!

I know 2.0.3.6 has had some issues reported, but I hadn’t heard this one might be related. Do you recall what you downgraded to? Was it an older canary or all the way back to 2.0.3.3 beta?

I’ve downgraded to 2.0.3.5_canary_2018-04-13.

Thanks for clarifying. Do you want that (downgrade + database recreate) marked as the solution or should we wait and see if the issue comes back while using 2.0.3.5?

I did upgrade again today and gave it another try, its failing with error, though I’m
not seeing where the problem is… I just see “One or more errors occurred”.

Desktop.zip (90.1 KB)

Are you seeing the “One or more errors occurred” text in the web interface?

Have you tried using the main menu “About” -> “Show log” link to look at the “Stored” global messages?

Here’s what I get there after manually aborting a task.

I’m not sure how I missed that. Yes, i do see the “one or more errors” message from the web interface. Going to the stored log location from the about screen, it looks like I see the same error. I’ve again downgraded to the previous version, and the backups are working correctly.

Glad you got it working again. I’ve gone ahead and updated the title to reflect that it’s a 2.0.3.6 issue and flagged your downgrade post as the solution.

Added this pull request to see what is happening during backup failure.

I have the exact same issue running on 2.0.3.9

Thanks for letting us know - before I take the version number of the topic title, can you confirm that you’re getting this with SIA?

Did you try downgrading to an earlier version (maybe all the way back to 2.0.3.5) to see if the error goes away?

Sorry for the confusion, it seems like my issue is not exactly same as I’m using SFTP and not SIA as backend.

However, I ended up exporting the jobs, deleting the local database, downgrading to 2.0.3.3, importing the jobs back then recreated the databases.

This is my stack trace which made me suspect I have the same issue:

Failed: One or more errors occurred.
    Details: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: constraint failed
    UNIQUE constraint failed: FilesetEntry.FilesetID, FilesetEntry.FileID ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: constraint failed
    UNIQUE constraint failed: FilesetEntry.FilesetID, FilesetEntry.FileID
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalBackupDatabase.AddFile(String filename, DateTime lastmodified, Int64 blocksetID, Int64 metadataID, IDbTransaction transaction)
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackupDatabase.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<AddSymlinkEntryAsync>b__0()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.MetadataPreProcess.<AddSymlinkToOutputAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.MetadataPreProcess.<ProcessMetadata>d__3.MoveNext()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.MetadataPreProcess.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunMainOperation>d__12.MoveNext()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: constraint failed
    UNIQUE constraint failed: FilesetEntry.FilesetID, FilesetEntry.FileID ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: constraint failed
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalBackupDatabase.AddFile(String filename, DateTime lastmodified, Int64 blocksetID, Int64 metadataID, IDbTransaction transaction)
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackupDatabase.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<AddSymlinkEntryAsync>b__0()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.MetadataPreProcess.<AddSymlinkToOutputAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.MetadataPreProcess.<ProcessMetadata>d__3.MoveNext()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.MetadataPreProcess.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunMainOperation>d__12.MoveNext()
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()<---

---> (Inner Exception #1) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c.<Run>b__1_3(String rootpath, String errorpath, Exception ex)
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<ExpandWorkList>d__4.MoveNext()
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<>c.<Run>b__1_3(String rootpath, String errorpath, Exception ex)
    at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess.<ExpandWorkList>d__4.MoveNext()
    at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.<RunTask>d__10`1.MoveNext()<---
    <---
    <---

Log data:
    2018-07-17 03:00:40 +02 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler-FatalError]: Fatal error
    System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed

No problem - I was just trying to narrow down potential commonalities to the issue.

Since your error is the same as the original poster but you’re using a different destination that points to the database code (rather than Sia code) in Duplicati as a likely source of the issue.

While not a great “fix” experience (but better than nothing) I’m curious if the export + delete + downgrade + import + recreate solved the problem for you…

Yes, it is working since then. Obviously I’m too afraid to upgrade anytime soon, because these operations took a lot of time and attentions to finish.

Understandable - if you’re in a stable situation, definitely stay there and let us crazier people run with the latest canary versions until the kinks are ironed out. :crazy_face:

This post seems to be collecting these, so I’ll try to summarize what I’m seeing.
This possibly happens on 2.0.3.6 and above on various databases, in several ways.
To show the several ways, some simplified stacks show commonality and difference.
Note we have two flavors of add, and two flavors of preprocessing driving them:

@backupti on 2.0.3.6 with SIA got stack
LocalBackupDatabase.AddUnmodifiedFile
Backup.FilePreFilterProcess

The fix there was 2.0.3.5, which is the one before concurrenct processing came in.
This has the feeling of a concurrency issue, with things tripping over each other.
My attempt to follow the code didn’t get far though, so better help may be needed.

@belidzs on 2.0.3.9 with SFTP got stack
LocalBackupDatabase.AddFile
Backup.MetadataPreProcess.

@prez on 2.0.3.9 on #4007 got stack

But because that was directed here, let me announce

@ts678 on 2.0.3.9 with B2 got stack

and like the one from prez, this used to work fine.
Unlike prez and some others, I didn’t need repairs.
Possibly I scared something away with the debugger.

For my history, my server log goes back about 4 months. Only previous was on 7/19:
LocalBackupDatabase.AddUnmodifiedFile
Backup.FilePreFilterProcess

From my small daily can’t-think-of-anything-I-changed-lately-in-configuration backup:

Failed: One or more errors occurred.
Details: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: constraint failed
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: constraint failed
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()<---

---> (Inner Exception #1) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
   at CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.<RunTask>d__10`1.MoveNext()<---
<---
<---

Log data:
2018-07-26 13:01:04 -04 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler-FatalError]: Fatal error
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed

I’m pretty sure something’s going wrong with SQLite usage. I know logging is on its way that might help.

Adding cross references.

jarmo in GitHub issue #3315 got this on 2.0.3.9 seemingly right after upgrading 2.0.3.5.

ts678 updated #4286 with two examples of “Unique constraint” (and lots of other errors).
There seem to be some patterns in the errors there, but expert interpretation is needed.
If anyone else has found “UNIQUE constraint” in a string of errors, the details might help.