"Unexpected number of remote volumes detected: 0!"-error

When you say “do the same backup to Backblaze” how did you do it?

If you took the existing job and just changed the destination from USB to Backblaze then it would be complaining because it’s finding none of the expected USB files to be there.

If that is what happened then copying the USB files to the destination folder on Backblaze should resolve the issue.

But let us know if that’s NOT how you set up the B2 backup job so err can keep looking into it.

That is not how I did it. I did not just changed the destination. I created a new job and backed up the same files to Backblaze.

I tried it again today. First I unchecked some of the files in my backup so the backup would be smaller and so it would complete sooner.
Then I I did a Database Repair. That completed successfully.

I ran a backup and that completed OK.
I then added a directory to the backup configuration with 80gb of data. It ran for a few hours and came up with a Disk IO Error.

Here is the log:

Oct 5, 2017 3:31 PM: Failed while executing "Backup" with id: 2
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): disk I/O error disk I/O error at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult() at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior) at Duplicati.Library.Main.BasicResults.LogDbMessage(String type, String message, Exception ex) at Duplicati.Library.Main.BasicResults.AddWarning(String message, Exception ex) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend, String path, FileAttributes attributes) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation(ISnapshotService snapshot, BackendManager backend) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run(String[] sources, IFilter filter) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method) at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter) at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

Are you still running CrashPlan as well as Duplicati? If so, then you might be running into the same issue as mentioned here (where it sounds like CrashPlan is locking Duplicati’s sqlite file during the backup causing Dulicati to not be able to access it):

Yes, I am still running Crashplan also until I am have gotten a complete backup with Duplicati to work. I believe I am seeing the same problem with Crashplan locking the sqlite file as was mentioned in the posting you referred to. I changed my Crashplan backup to exclude that file. I was able to complete a backup with another 150 gb of data uploaded.

I have about 300 gb more to go, but I am adding the data to my backup in small chunks so I can make sure everything is working.

I am hoping this problem is solved. I will run the rest of my backups and post if there any more issues. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Thanks for the update - good luck!