First, it’s still running as I type this reply, 30GB left to go
At this point, I need to switch from Crashplan so any help finding a replacement is welcomed. Doesn’t feel like an excuse either
I wanted to add some details:
- Before I ran the backup process, I formatted my external HDD. With Crashplan, I also did this. No need to sync and compare, just dump and encrypt the files to the external HDD. I found it considerably faster this way.
- Both Crashplan and Duplicati are set to run once a day. With my minimal data changes, it never takes any time for Crashplan and assume that it had minimal impacts on Duplicati
- Duplicati process shows CPU: 15-25%, Mem: 57 MB, Disk: 15-26MB/s
- I currently plan to use Backblace B2 and my current external HDD
- I’m using the version: Duplicati - 188.8.131.52_beta_2017-08-01
- I started from scratch using another app (Arq Backup)… quick calculations brings it to about 12 hours before completion (less than 2min / GB) for that one, CPU and Disk is approx. the same.
- Used default settings for everything in Duplicati and Arq Backup.