System.BadImageFormatException

I recently started using Duplicati on a Windows 10 machine, and after restarting my computer I noticed that the program didn’t start. Trying to boot it from the link on my desktop, nothing appeared to happen. Digging around a bit, I found the updates/Duplicati-crashlog which had been recently generated and read as follows:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: A serious error occurred in Duplicati: System.BadImageFormatException: The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131018)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Duplicati.Library.SQLiteHelper.SQLiteLoader.get_SQLiteConnectionType()
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.GetDatabaseConnection(Dictionary`2 commandlineOptions)
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.RealMain(String[] _args) ---> System.BadImageFormatException: The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131018)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Duplicati.Library.SQLiteHelper.SQLiteLoader.get_SQLiteConnectionType()
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.GetDatabaseConnection(Dictionary`2 commandlineOptions)
   at Duplicati.Server.Program.RealMain(String[] _args)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon.HostedInstanceKeeper..ctor(String[] args)
   at Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon.Program.RealMain(String[] _args)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.RunMethod(MethodInfo method, String[] args)

Is this a fixable error?

Sounds like one of the binaries may be corrupt? I would try downloading the MSI for Duplicati and reinstalling.

I reinstalled it yesterday and since then its been working fine. Thanks!

1 Like