Synology: "unable to find log in lookup table" on Home->[backup]->Restore files...?

Have just installed 2.0.2.13 on a Synology NAS; I’ve made a backup, but when I (through the web GUI from a remote PC) click Home, select that backup and click “Restore files…” I get the above error; in more detail:

Failed to connect: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)

Running it from the command line, the error appears to be from this point in the source:

No certificates found, you can install some with one of these commands:
    cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt #for Debian based systems
    cert-sync /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt #for RedHat derivatives
Read more: http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/3.12.0/#cert-sync
System.Exception: Unable to find log in lookup table, this may be caused by attempting to transport call contexts between AppDomains (eg. with remoting calls)
  at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.get_CurrentScope () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.get_LogLevel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Logging.Log.StartScope (ILog log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[ListResults] (Duplicati.Library.Main.ListResults result, System.String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, System.Action`1 method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[ListResults] (Duplicati.Library.Main.ListResults result, IFilter& filter, System.Action`1 method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.List (IEnumerable`1 filterstrings, IFilter filter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

… anyone seen this before?

I can still restore by going to the Restore menu, and selecting the backup that way.

Sounds like a variation of the infamous mono certificates issue.

So you know if you have the ca-certificates-mono package installed on your destination?

1 Like

Yes indeed, turns out it is the issue thanks: the lookup table complaint looked to me to be unconnected, but having addressed the certificates issue separately, I now find the log error has vanished.

Glad to hear you got it working - and thanks for the SynoCommunity mono link as well!