Synology: Every configurtion away after reboot

Hi!

I installed Duplicati on my Synology NAS. So far, so good. Everything worked alright, till today.

My configured backups where not there anymore, after a reboot of my NAS. The whole configuration was away.

I start it with the follwing command:
nohup mono /volume1/@appstore/Duplicati/Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-interface=any --webservice-port=8200 &

How can I guarantee that this is not happening again or is this problem known?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Where are your configurations stored? Be careful of letting them go to /root/.config/Duplicati. This path can be wiped out during major DSM upgrades on Synology.

Instead it’s better to store the Duplicati datat on a folder you create in /volume1. You can use the --server-datafolder command line option to change the path where the main Duplicati-server.sqlite file is stored. Also use the --dbpath option to change the default location of job-specific sqlite databases, although I don’t believe this affects existing jobs. For existing jobs you can edit the database location using the Web UI.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Sounds reasonable. Thanks! I will try it.

My start command looks now like this:
nohup mono /volume1/@appstore/Duplicati/Duplicati.Server.exe --webservice-interface=any --webservice-port=8200 --server-datafolder=/volume1/homes/duplicati/ &

The “dbpath” I set in the web gui.

Another question: I stop the Server with this command “pkill -f Duplicati.Server”. Is that okay or is there a better way?

Thanks!

That’s fine, just make sure Duplicati is idle and not running any jobs.