Strange backup error (to BackBlaze B2)

I am new to duplicati. I set up a network folder backup on BackBlaze B2 and when I finish the backup task I get this error:
19 Oct 2021 15:11: Failed to process file duplicati-b75eef51fdd704cfbaa0b523aa9cb2bd8.dblock.zip

{“ClassName”:“System.Net.WebException”,“Message”:“Error: NameResolutionFailure”,“Data”:null,“InnerException”:null,“HelpURL”:null,“StackTraceString”:" at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00044] in :0 \n at System.Net.WebConnection.InitConnection (System.Net.WebOperation operation, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000cc] in :0 \n at System.Net.WebOperation.Run () [0x0009a] in :0 \n at System.Net.WebCompletionSource1[T].WaitForCompletion () [0x00094] in <f430a4c7c4d64c01a4d92b888f85cb81>:0 \n at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.RunWithTimeoutWorker[T] (System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[TResult] workerTask, System.Int32 timeout, System.Action abort, System.Func`1[TResult] aborted, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts) [0x000f8] in :0 \n at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.GetForTesting (System.String remotename, System.Int64 size, System.String hash) [0x00065] in :0 \n at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.TestHandler.DoRun (System.Int64 samples, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalTestDatabase db, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend) [0x0042f] in :0 ",“RemoteStackTraceString”:null,“RemoteStackIndex”:0,“ExceptionMethod”:null,“HResult”:-2146233079,“Source”:“Duplicati.Library.Main”}

Can you tell me how to fix it?

If you look at the bucket contents on the B2 console, do you see any Duplicati files? Just wondering if it succeeded in placing anything at all on B2.

Yes, if you look in the bucket, all the files are there. That’s what’s weird.

And in the log file there

is an error record like this

These sound like DNS issues. Are you running a piHole or other unusual DNS setup? There was a thread about a set of piHole rules that allowed the test connection to B2 but nothing else. Is your internet connection reliable?

2 Likes

Uhh. I disabled the vpn connection through Wireguard and the backup ended without error. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

1 Like