So what are orphan files? and how to solve their existence issue?

Are all of you on a Beta release? I’m curious if all the bug fixes in Canary would help, but because I’m not immediately able to point to a fix, I’m just gathering input now. One thing that Canary does fix is an issue where Recreate might slow down in the 70%-100% range on progress bar, downloading dblocks.

FYI the code that’s checking for orphan files looks like it defines them as files from a consolidated file table that somehow aren’t referenced in any backup (which references all the path names it contains):

Because Recreate goes by the names in the dlist files, it seems like it shouldn’t be possible to add any name that’s not in a backup, thereby preventing the problem. But that’s just theory, and I’m not expert.

If anybody is up for some database diving with DB Browser for SQLite, it might be interesting to see the actual names of the orphan files instead of just the count. I wonder why they are in no backup version? Typically files hang around for awhile, and get caught (maybe with changes) in a series of backup runs.