Skip and continue if network share is missing

If a network share is missing, the entire backup fails without backing a single file. I understand this is a preflight check, but it should skip missing network shares and backup what it can.

Soon I hope it could email the logs :slight_smile: perhaps I can work around that with commandlineemailer or blat program.

Try the --allow-missing-source option. It should do what you want.

Welcome, by the way!

It does now, and there are lots of other reporting options and several third party tools to build on that base. Although a backup that fails due to an abort due to a missing folder doesn’t make a log, it can send email:

Failed: The source folder C:\missingfolder\ does not exist, aborting backup
Details: System.IO.IOException: The source folder C:\missingfolder\ does not exist, aborting backup
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.ExpandInputSources(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)

How would one distinguish between a missing folder and a missing share or a missing file, or is this a general feature request to be more persistent in getting what it can, maybe issuing a warning instead?

–allow-missing-files is kind of a crude solution. Sometimes missing things are normal, sometimes not. Duplicati doesn’t know, but you might, and if you’re into scripting (sounds like you might be), you could –run-script-before to create a filter to exclude things that went missing that you’re willing to just forego.

https://github.com/duplicati/duplicati/blob/master/Duplicati/Library/Modules/Builtin/run-script-example.bat which is also on your system installation shows how you can do this. I think there are forum posts that accomodated USB drives this way, and you might do similarly. Or just use --allow-missing-source and forgive whatever goes missing (which might be a step too far). Also note that missing sources can’t be backed up, so make sure your retention rules don’t allow all of the versions of the share to age away…

Sweet. I will look forward to working with the advanced features!