Setting up OneDrive (personal)

Absolutely not, It’s an Application Programming Interface (API) change as described by Microsoft in my link, however when this forced migration happens, they will be inaccessible until you reconnect using the v2 API.

Absolutely not, and you don’t even need to move files around (as other destination changes might require).

Not saying that. I mean Duplicati just won’t change the destination type for you. You must do that yourself, however for the small companies you support, I guess you’ll offer directions (see “gain some experience”).

These are standard precautions, and the difficulty of downgrades applies to Beta as well. It’s difficult, so it’s important that Beta be good quality. Achieving that is especially important given forced OneDrive migration.

So basically this Experimental could be last test call before Beta. Canary user base is probably far less than Beta (even though v2 came out on April 2 in 2.0.3.4 canary, exposure is limited), so I’m trying to encourage (not scare off) testers of Experimental. There are risks, thus precautions, but better to discover issues early. Not everyone is willing and able to do a test install and meaningful test, but here’s a chance for any who are.

1 Like