Restoring a Backup with only the duplicati-full-content.[...].vol30.zip.aes

Hello Guys :slight_smile:

First of all, i am a complete noob when it comes to Duplicati and I have never actually made a backup with it. I will try to make this quick.

My stepdads computer kept having Issues with Windows so i installed Linux mint on his computer and made it completely foolproof. I told myself that if he ever needed a Backup there is 64 Gigabyte one from 2017 on an external hard drive (Duplicati)
Now that he actually needs some of the files from the old Windows partition i am unable to restore it.

I have no Idea who made this backup and my attempts on restoring it always gave out errors.
The backup that was made in 2017 has the folowing contents:

…and so forth

Is there any way i can restore from this?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It looks like those are probably made with Duplicati 1.x. You cannot use Duplicati 2.x to restore the data. Try installing Duplicati 1.3.4 to see if you can restore it. I’ve never used that old version so can’t really help beyond this…

Duplicati 1.3.4 available has links, but it’s officially unsupported and I’m not sure who could help you.
There seem to be a few written and video instructions on the Internet, according to a Google search.