Restore from Backup configuration

First of all I want to say that I’m extremely happy with Duplicati. I’ve been looking for a tool that meets my needs for a long time. Duplicati does it all. Thanks to all who are involved in this project!

I have the following little issue (Duplicati - 2.0.4.10_canary_2018-12-29):
If I want to restore from a previously exported backup configuration, the restore procedure works fine, but always comes along with some warnings. I found out that it depends on the Advanced options which are set in the original backup configuration. The advanced options are shown during step 2 of the restore process:

----exclude-files-attributes=temporary,system
----send-http-url=https://www.duplicati-monitoring.com…
–keep-versions=4
–dblock-size=100MB
–compression-module=zip
–encryption-module=aes

If I delete the first and second option (starting with “----”) I don’t receive any warning. Does Duplicati try to disable these options because they are irrelevant for the restore process? If yes this perhaps doesn’t work properly. It’s not a problem to delete this lines before restoring but it would be fine if I don’t have to do this manually.

Does someone has any idea?

Only a preliminary idea (so far) involving the uneven dash sequences you show. In a test I ran, an option with 4 dashes (instead of the expected two) gave me a stack of 4 yellow warning popups. My detailed log said this:

2019-01-12 13:50:50 -05 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller-UnsupportedOption]: The supplied option ----no-encryption is not supported and will be ignored
2019-01-12 13:50:54 -05 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller-UnsupportedOption]: The supplied option ----no-encryption is not supported and will be ignored
2019-01-12 13:50:59 -05 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller-UnsupportedOption]: The supplied option ----no-encryption is not supported and will be ignored
2019-01-12 13:50:59 -05 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller-UnsupportedOption]: The supplied option ----no-encryption is not supported and will be ignored

Why did it have four dashes? Possibly a bug, but most options in the export had none (just look in Notepad), and this one had two. Add two more dashes (usually needed), and you get four dashes, which is too many… Peeking in the server database Options table, I’m seeing a very mixed bag of two-dash and no-dash options.

What’s interesting is that an import seems to put up with this quite well. I wonder if it just strips off the extras?

Thanks for your comment ts678.
“Why did it have four dashes?”
Well I think that Duplicati checks the Advanced Backup-Options in a Restore-job and wants to hide all options without any function during restore. This would mmake sense for the exclude options I added. So far it’s correct. But there should be no warnings after restore. Normally I do not restore very often :slight_smile: - so that’s not a big issue so far.