Restoration network speed limited to 100MBits/s

Hello ts678

Thank you for your reply.

The Big Comparison - Borg vs Restic vs Arq 5 vs Duplicacy vs Duplicati is very informative.

Kelly gets 3m28s for a 3.7Gb file restore from onedrive, that’s 0.1Gbits/s, so that’s the same performance I’m seeing with my tests.

I think you have hit the nail on the head, Duplicati is not multi-threaded during the restore.

I must admit I don’t understand the developers’ position on this:

• A backup is a process that runs in the background, admittedly the faster the backup the better, but there is no downtime during this phase. If the daily backups are completed during the night, everything is fine.

• However, if there is a major storage incident and users are no longer able to access their data, this is when you need a very fast process with all the performance options to get the files back to the users as quickly as possible.

I hope that the developers will take this into consideration and will quickly propose a multi-threaded evolution of the restoration.

While waiting for an evolution, I will plan to divide the data to be restored in 6 to 8 separate processes. Not easy to do as I have no view on the amount of data in each directory in case of DR.

Thank you