Release: 2.0.2.19 (Canary) 2018-02-12

Just a FYI, I’ve experienced some problems with backups on my Ubuntu server after applying 2.0.2.18/19. It looks like permission issues where my entire /etc and most of my /var/www folders are missing from every backup since last night when I upgraded.

I’m not sure it’s related to the actual release but I’m rolling back to 2.0.2.17 to test if it’s somehow version specific or if it’s just a bad upgrade. The service showed up as running as root and no warnings were given about permission issues, which is why I’m a bit confused.

Edit: It’s looking more and more like a permission issue. Same thing happens with 2.0.2.17. Interestingly it counts 200GB and then when it finishes counting it immediately goes down to 100GB “to back up”. But since it happens on 2.0.2.17 it’s not an issue with 2.0.2.18/19.

Edit2, I spoke too soon, 2.0.2.17 actually included all the files once it finished and I opened the restore view to check… Reinstalling 2.0.2.19 now to try again.

Edit3, I still cannot back up those folders under 2.0.2.19 BUT if I create a new job backing up only /etc it backs it up with no problems. So my issue is specific that one backup on 2.0.2.19… Super strange…