"Previous volume not finished, call FinishVolume..." error

If you’re in the Canary update channel, this should be fixed. For the Beta version, this is a known problem, it should be fixed in the next beta.
For the time being, workaround is to refresh your web browser page.

Thanks. All of a sudden again getting error: System.InvalidOperationException: Previous volume not finished, call FinishVolume before starting a new volume

Haven’t done anything to it actually. Nothing added or deleted… it’s really strange.
What could I do?

Best Regards

Still getting the dreadful: Previous volume not finished, call FinishVolume before starting a new volume.
I’m running Duplicati - 2.0.1.73_experimental_2017-07-15.

I have recreated and tried the “Repair” and the “Recreate (delete and repair)” functions and I am on Windows 10.
Nothing helps. No Logs.

What am I doing wrong. A month ago I had no issues whatsoever.

Please advice.
Best Regards

LOL. I’m answering myself. Now the second drive throws me the same error message.
So, backups on none of the drives are not working anymore. Really weird. What can I do about this?
Best Regards

Well … it feels like the more time I get to work on Duplicati the more work appears.

Right now I have trouble keeping up with just responding to forum messages and github issues. Thanks to @JonMikelV I have not given up completely yet :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

In case this helps at all –

Having the same issue - CentOS 7, Duplicati running as server, backing up to BackBlaze, It LOOKS Like the system builds an upload file, but never uploads it.

Reported error is
System.InvalidOperationException: Previous volume not finished, call FinishVolume before starting a new volume
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Volumes.IndexVolumeWriter.StartVolume (System.String filename) [0x00010] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.UpdateIndexVolume () [0x00043] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.FinalizeRemoteVolumes (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend) [0x00169] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00665] in :0

So — interestingly on this PARTICULAR backup that would never actually start shipping data to the remote Backblaze server, I made it START working by changing the upload volume size. I had it set at 500 Meg because I was a little concerned about creating such a large number of files remotely. I kicked it back down to 50 Meg and the backup ran overnight.