...please verify the sha256 hash ... again

Excellent finding. Excellent question. I was looking for a pattern in the GitHub issue, but didn’t have all the file information, so couldn’t find anything. Sizes just seemed to be going up and down, much like you got.

Please do. That’s the next step down. It’s a bit hard to read (driver level, I think), but might spot something.

EDIT:

It might be easier if you can get this to happen on a smaller backup. Regardless the search tool may help.

A brute-force way to possibly spot something (or maybe chase the glitch away – who knows?) is to run a constant dir loop of the folder into a file where you can use find and find /v to look for info mismatch. PowerShell could probably do this more elegantly if you’re good at it, otherwise a batch file should suffice.

Thanks for pursuing this. I did take another look at Duplicati code, and it looks very simple, basically doing

FileInfo Class shows what .NET Framework puts in there, but last line above is Duplicati pulling info out.
I’m not seeing how anything under Duplicati’s control could attach the Name to other info for another file.