Odd load error in 2.0.4.22 Canary

I am all of a sudden getting this warning on my Ubuntu machine (on two consecutive days):

2019-11-05 06.41.14 +02 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.DynamicLoader.DynamicLoader1-SoftError]: Prosessin tyypin Duplicati.Library.Common.IO.VssBackupComponents lataus kirjastosta /usr/lib/duplicati/Duplicati.Library.IO.dll epäonnistui. Virheilmoitus oli: Could not load type of field ‘Duplicati.Library.Common.IO.VssBackupComponents:_vssBackupComponents’ (1) due to: Could not load file or assembly ‘AlphaVSS.Common, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=959d3993561034e3’ or one of its dependencies.`

I have never used the snapshot feature, and it’s several weeks since I have fiddled with Duplicati settings. I checked the /var/log/dpkg.log files (also the zipped ones), and found that the latest update to mono has been installed in August, and the latest update to any package was installed in October.

I cannot understand what could have changed to produce this type of warning?

Strange that it would suddenly happen. Might recommend uninstalling the version you have now and installing the latest Canary version.

Now it has not happened again, so it seems intermittent, and apparently harmless. Curious though.

I am trying to keep an eye on which canary might be a reliable one. Can’t make up my mind on that.

Hi,
I’m facing the same issue where this warning message is triggered about once a day on some machines. All my PC are using Linux Debian or Mint. I don’t use snapshots and most don’t even have LVM volumes. It’s been a long ongoing (several month) issue I’ve been too lazy to report until now.

2019-11-12 10:23:14 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.DynamicLoader.DynamicLoader`1-SoftError]: Failed to load process type Duplicati.Library.Common.IO.VssBackupComponents assembly /usr/lib/duplicati/Duplicati.Library.IO.dll, error message: Could not load type of field ‘Duplicati.Library.Common.IO.VssBackupComponents:_vssBackupComponents’ (1) due to: Could not load file or assembly ‘AlphaVSS.Common, Version=1.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=959d3993561034e3’ or one of its dependencies.

1 Like

Which Duplicati version?

Oops, I forgot to mention it.
From 2.0.4.2(?)x to 2.0.4.33 included, that I’m using today.