Number-of-retries option clarification

The timing of the original fault intro on Oct 19, 2019 looks like it would have left 2.0.5.1 vulnerable to issue.
Also the issue description (by me) talks about a failed put during compact as here, however the difference is that that was a dblock and this is a dindex, and crash stack is different. It might be worth a try. Thanks!

The fix was Mar 21, and made 2.0.5.104. 2.0.5.106 was the job DB jump to version 11, so I think a test on Canary from Beta would be reversible if a leading-edge release like Canary (new fixes, plus maybe bugs) isn’t desired. Getting there could get awkward. The automatic updater would want to do Canary 2.0.5.111, which would mean a database version upgrade which would mean extra effort for a downgrade to 2.0.5.1.

Maybe the thing to do for a test is to install from the 2.0.5.104 builds area then refuse any newer offerings.
@stahr would you like to see if it’s fixed in a newer release that’s not yet in any Beta so far? Canary has been stable lately as far as I know (and I run it), but it’s always possible that some future Canary won’t be.

If there are any backups that aren’t caught in this loop, you could also look at Complete log in the job log.
RetryAttempts in BackendStatistics being high would mean something’s flaky with WebDAV transfer.