Not all files restored

Hello, I need your help.
I’m running Duplicati ver. 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28 on WIn 10.

I have a problem that only some files are restored and some not. I followed the steps written by mdwyer:

1. Download or in my case simply copy the backup to a local folder.Run the recovery tool with the download option to decrypt the backup files
  2. “C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.CommandLine.RecoveryTool.exe” download “file://g:\beast_backups\aes” “g:\backups\temp” --dbpath=g:\db6.sqlite --passphrase="******"Index the decrypted backup files.
  3. “C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.CommandLine.RecoveryTool.exe” index “g:\backups\temp” --no-encryptionRestore the backup files either to their original locations or in my case to a temp folder for manual copying later.
  4. “C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.CommandLine.RecoveryTool.exe” restore “g:\backups\temp” --dbpath=g:\db6.sqlite --no-encryption --targetpath=“g:\restored” --version=0

The result of some files was:
35153: c:\restored\Premier\zp_zps_2007.pdf (1.050 MB) 0Failed to read Blocklist hash: qxQ9NRm/GNzMbowTr3y4QpYeoZrHHh9gcAFO7xNEQ1o=
System.Exception: Unable to locate block with hash: qxQ9NRm/GNzMbowTr3y4QpYeoZrHHh9gcAFO7xNEQ1o=
at Duplicati.CommandLine.RecoveryTool.Restore.HashLookupHelper.ReadHash(String hash)
at Duplicati.CommandLine.RecoveryTool.Restore.HashLookupHelper.d__12.MoveNext()
at Duplicati.CommandLine.RecoveryTool.Restore.Run(List1 args, Dictionary2 options, IFilter filter)

• Restored file hash mismatch - restoring file in damaged condition

Thank you for any advice.
Radek

This means that a required block was not found. You can look inside the zip files, and see if you can find a file that has this particular name.

If you find it, you can edit the index file in g:\backups\temp and insert the right location. After this you can then restore.

If you cannot find a file with this name, you have data loss, and cannot recover.

1 Like