Metadata error, llistxattr, error: ERANGE (34)

Thank you, I wasn’t aware of those settings. For:

--no-local-blocks

I can see that I would want that true, so that I’m only using “remote” blocks. But I’m confused about:

--patch-with-local-blocks

because it sounds like if that is false (default), the system will not look into other files, which is what I want. If I set that to true, the system might find blocks on another destination. Incidentally for these jobs that generate the error, the destination doesn’t matter so I think the error would happen either way, but I’ll try these out and see what happens.

Correct - the error is always /mnt/nas/Folder, never showing a filename. The mount lines in fstab are all the same. I must be missing something about the sources that are different from the share that doesn’t generate the error. I’m going to try a permissions “reset” on the NAS for one of the shares to see if that makes any difference in the backup.

Edit - this is weird, I have “–patch-with-local-blocks” set to “false” (disabled) and when I ran a restore I clearly saw “patching with local blocks” in the status bar at one point. It seems to do the opposite of the option?