MacOS catalina - issue with accessing files & database version 10 vs version 8

Hi,
any hint what to do with the following error ?

Error while running my_backup_name

The database has version 10 but the largest supported version is 8. This is likely caused by upgrading to a newer version and then downgrading. If this is the case, there is likely a backup file of the previous database version in the folder /Users/my_macos_home_folder/.config/Duplicati.

there’s also an issue with doing a backup, whats important those issues start to happen after migrating to Catalina, giving full access to Duplicati app doesnt resolve the issue

[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file

thanks for support

Sounds like you downgraded Duplicati at some point. Maybe try uninstalling/removing Duplicati, and then re-downloading and installing the latest beta version: 2.0.5.1.

I am not a Mac users but I believe I read that it needs to be installed fresh on to resolve permission errors on Catalina - using the integrated updater isn’t sufficient.

i think those issues are related with upgrading to Catalina, I have upgraded Duplicati few times only once suggested that there’s new version to be installed…

so deinstalling it and installing again wont break any of my backup settings either locally or externally on backblaze storage ?

My experience is only with Windows and Linux platforms, and I know that uninstalling Duplicati does not erase your configuration or backups.

I would think the same is true for MacOS. But to play it safe, don’t bother uninstalling. Just download and install the latest beta version, 2.0.5.1. It should replace the previous version anyway.

that solved the issue, thanks

1 Like