Log File Details - Deleted Files

Hi all,

Just a quick question, after a backup I noticed on the log file that is stated - see below

DeletedFiles: 272
DeletedFolders: 6

Can anyone please tell me what files this is talking about?

Cheers, Jason.

Do you mean the names of the deleted files and folders?

This is not integrated into the UI, so you have to use the “Commandline …” option to get it. Use the “Compare” method and type 0 and 1 on separate lines in the “Commandline arguments” field, like this:

The numbers refer to which versions you want to compare (0 is newest, then 1, then 2 and so on)

Also make sure you have --full-result added as an option, or it will only show the first 10 paths.

Hi kenkendk,

Thanks for the reply, I’ll take alook at the information you have provided to help me determine the file names etc. I probably should of explained my self a bit better in regards to my question.

The files and folders it is deleting I assume it is in the backup sets that the backup refers to in the settings for how long to keep backups for? Does that make sense or am I confusing things even more?

Thanks.

The files it mentions is files that are no longer found on the disk. I.e. you make a backup of file a.txt, then delete it and run a new backup and the number of deleted files is 1.

It does not matter how long backups are kept. You need to keep backups for as long as you want to be able to go back. If you have 3 backups, then you will not be able to recover the delete a.txt after 3 backups.

OK great thanks for your help I got it now…Cheers.