Last successful run: never after backup success

Does this happen normally? I have a backup that says it’s finished, but last successful run is displayed as never. I still can restore things fine from it.

I also made a second backup target for a different destination and that one refuses to run at all (or be deleted). Did I just do something wrong with setting this up?

Nope - I haven’t run into that so I’d say something is goofy for you. It’s also odd that the green X (Quit) icon is showing even though the progress bar says “Finished!”.

When you say the second backup “refuses to run” are you getting any errors in the logs or just a non-responsive interface in the browser (clicking doesn’t do anything)?

Does your progress bar still look like that? When it’s actually finished, the progress bar empties out and displays the next scheduled task & time. The fact that your progess bar is still running means to me that either something’s wrong or something still thinks it’s running. That would also explain why a subsequent backup request won’t run - it’ll be waiting for the current running one to finish.

What do your logs say? Click “Show Log” then “Live”, and set the dropdown to “profiling” - see if any activity is still running (it’ll mostly look like gibberish but if stuff is running in the background you will quickly get screens full of text in this mode).

FYI, when a backup is running if you’d like to see what’s going on under the hood, the best option to use here is “information” as it’ll just show the individual chunk uploads and downloads for verification, etc, without blowing up your browser like “profiling” will. I use “profiling” mainly when I’m curious whether something has hung or is just taking a while.

The logs don’t say anything. Setting it to profiling there’s nothing new being added. The only line is:

Sep 19, 2017 10:10 PM: Server has started and is listening on 127.0.0.1, port 8200

As a note since things seemed wonky I had restarted my computer. It’s been sitting there since yesterday though with no change. Under the stored tab of the logs it has:

Sep 19, 2017 10:15 PM: Request for http://localhost:8200/api/v1/backup/1/remotelog?pagesize=100 gave error
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database is locked
database is locked
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.LogData.DumpTable(IDbCommand cmd, String tablename, String pagingfield, String offset_str, String pagesize_str)
at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTMethods.Backup.FetchRemoteLogData(IBackup backup, RequestInfo info)
at Duplicati.Server.WebServer.RESTHandler.DoProcess(RequestInfo info, String method, String module, String key)

Not sure why it was locked. I basically can’t run any new process though and no new backups are happening. I didn’t do anything overly complicated I don’t think. Should I just reinstall and start over?

Ended up reinstalling and deleting my local config in AppData and it seems to be working now. Not sure what was going on the first time.

1 Like

Glad to hear a reinstall resolved it.