Is Duplicati kind of abandoned?

The short answer to that is Yes!

Because Duplicati is now a company I am able to spend time developing features and maintain the project.

I have started the laborious task of upgrading to .Net8 as the current tools are becoming stale.

I have many plans for things to come, and some of those will be revealed soon :wink:.
I can reveal that we will hire people to work on the project, and the details will follow.

Setting up a build environment is a real pain as it requires keys from multiple companies (some non-free), tools, paths, etc, but it is and always has been possible to run the builds from any machine.

I have been working on a new way of building the releases, so it is (hopefully) less obscure how to set up a machine. The build chain tool also supports building packages without any keys at all, and with some flexibility in not having various tools (i.e. a Windows zip file requires just dotnet SDK, a Debian package also requires Docker).

The first builds based on .Net8 and the new build program can be downloaded and tested. There are still quirks, but I am addressing those.

1 Like