Insufficient System Resources error when running backups

I’m running into regular errors with my backups where they fail with the following error message:

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Is anyone else receiving this? I’ve seen articles about this happening in Windows 2003 with MS Backups, but I’m not entirely sure if the same would apply to Windows 10.

Running Windows 10 and backing up to a SMB share on XigmaNAS.

Here’s a better stack trace:

System.IO.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.Delete(String remotename, Int64 size, Boolean synchronous)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify(BackendManager backend, String protectedfile)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.d__20.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.b__0(BackupResults result)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String inputsources, IFilter filter)
at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

Welcome to the forum!

I searched a bit and one thread indicated that it may be AV software. Are you using 3rd party AV software?

Thanks!

I am using Webroot, but even with protection disabled the same error occurs.

Can you list any customized backup options you are using?

No custom options, just doing a backup to a SMB share. I seem to be getting a samba error on my NAS though, so going to take a look there.